Friday, May 16, 2008

Falling behind............

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to fall way behind with my "things". I started to look at the wikis, couldn't get into the site and then other tasks took over. I've been to a whole day seminar in the city on "Second Life" and had 2 trips to Bass Coast in the last 2 weeks.
The "Second Life" day was run by Kathryn Greenhill from Murdoch University . You may have seen some of her stuff on the Librarians Matter blog.
I wanted to find out if we could have a "Second Life" presence but I've come to the conclusion that it would have to be a whole of TAFE sector project - not just VATL but a bit like the TAFEVC. So far I can't even log in at Chisholm - I believe that we don't have sufficiently high end video cards in our PCs.
It was a very interesting day even if the system did keep dropping out until we cut the bandwidth back significantly - it requires lots to run at full strength. another reason why we couldn't use it here at the moment.

1 comment:

Terri's Top Blog said...

Ros

I feel my life has been partially taken over by virtual tasks and electronic gizmos. Your pictures remind me that there is "real" world out there of natural beauty and I would love to be traveling the length and breadth of it instead of looking at websites, wikis and even dare I say it - travel books. Maybe I will have to take up electronic gambling and win enough to pack my travel bags more frequently.

Terri

Terri